We provide a friendly, caring environment and have high expectations of behaviour and standards. We value each child and, through careful assessment of their knowledge, skills and abilities, aim to help them achieve their personal best. The aims of our school help us support each pupil to be their very best and achieve their full potential.
We are proud to say we are a ‘Rights Respecting School’ and achieved the Unicef’s Rights Respecting School Award which demonstrates our commitment to pupil’s welfare. We believe that all children have the right to a good quality education (Article 28) and that this education should develop talents and abilities (Article 29).
- To present a stimulating balanced curriculum which satisfies the needs and requirements of the National Curriculum;
- To help pupils discover the joy of learning, develop lively enquiring minds, the ability to ask questions and reason rationally to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills;
- To help pupils acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life;
- To help pupils understand the world in which they live and the inter-dependence of individuals, groups and nations;
- To help pupils appreciate human achievement and aspirations;
- To instil a respect for religious and moral values and a tolerance for other people and their opinions, other races, religions and ways of life.