To help support your child at home we have provided grids showing what each class learns throughout the year. Copies can be obtained from school if requested. If you would like any further information about what your child is learning about in school you can do this in the following ways: speak to the class teacher to find out about learning both in and beyond the classroom, talk to our Headteacher who leads on curriculum in our school and come along to Parents’ Evenings each term. We very much look forward to working together with you to share your child’s learning journey.
Please visit our Classes Curriculum Grids to view our learning.
Parent Information Letters for Autumn term 2020:
Click the links for details about PE days, reading, homework and other useful information from your child’s class teacher.
- Early Years Welcome Information for Parents
- Year 1 Welcome Information for Parents
- Year 2 Welcome Information for Parents
- Year 3 & 4 Welcome Information for Parents
- Year 5 & 6 Welcome Information for Parents
Home Learning Resources and Support during Covid-19:
Click the link for useful resources for learning at home with your child:
Click the link for ideas on supporting with wellbeing for children and families:
Click the link for home learning ideas for all ages (provided by Durham County for schools to share):
Year 3 & 4:
- 1 Home Learning Year 3 & 4
- 2 Home Learning Year 3 & 4
- 3 Home Learning Year 3 & 4
- 4 Home Learning Year 3 & 4
- Year 3 4 Home Learning Sept week 2
Year 5 & 6:
- 1 Home Learning Year 5 & 6
- 2 Home Learning Year 5 & 6
- 3 Home Learning Year 5 & 6
- Year 5 Spelling Home Learning
- Year 5 Maths Home Learning
- Year 5 English Home Learning
- More Year 5 English Home Learning
- More Year 5 Spelling Home Learning
- Year 5 6 Home Learning Sept week 2
Returning to school in September letters:
Early Years Newsletters Autumn term 2020:
Reading at Bournmoor Primary School
At Bournmoor School Primary, we believe that pupils should enjoy reading a range of fiction and non-fiction texts that allow them to explore a range of interests. Pupils have access to a wide selection of texts and genres.
During school closures due to Covid-19 we encourage reading at home. As well as the ideas given in the ‘Home Learning’ sent from school you could click on www.worldbookday.com for ideas to support at home.
Reading is taught in a variety of ways including:
- Daily phonic sessions (EYFS and KS1) using the Letters and Sounds scheme.
- Individual reading with the teacher or teaching assistants
- Guided reading sessions
- Reading lessons e.g. poetry, comprehensions, presentations, comparing texts etc…
- Comprehension booklets (KS1 and KS2)
- Whole class texts
- Online reading texts and audio books
- Discrete reading sessions during literacy lessons
- Library time
We follow the Bug Club reading scheme from Pearson.
At Bournmoor Primary School we promote British values and our school reflects British values in all that we do. Find out how Bournmour Primary school is Promoting British Values.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At Bournmoor Primary School we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Further information can be found in the SEN Information Report.
Our aim is to make our curriculum accessible to SEND pupils as follows:
Please select the link below to view our Curriculum Accessibility Plan.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment. As well as speaking to the class teacher, you can talk to our SENCO who is Miss Heather Purdy.
Outdoor Education and Residential Visits
Each year we offer the opportunity to visit Robinwood Residential Centre so upper junior pupils can experience outdoor educational experiences. However due to Covid-19 restrictions we are not planning to go this Autumn term. We will follow government advice carefully regarding overnight trips.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.