The value of the month for July is Trust.
“Trusting someone is like knowing you can jump and they will be there to catch you.” Anon
What is trust?
- To believe that someone is good and honest and will not hurt you.
- To believe that something is safe and reliable.
- To believe what people say.
How can you be trustworthy?
- Be honest by telling the truth.
- Follow rules.
- If you find something, return it to its owner.
- Be careful of what you say you’ll do. Only say you will do the things you think you really can do.
- Be true to your word.
- Don’t gossip, or say things that hurt people.
Things to talk about at home
- Who can you trust in school to help you if you are worried about something?
- Are you a trustworthy friend?
- How do you show that you are trustworthy?
- Can you have a friendship without trust?
- Why is it important to trust others when working as a team?
- What does it mean to ‘trust your instincts’?
- Who can you trust to help you if something doesn’t feel right?