The value of the month for May is self belief.
What does it mean to have self belief?
- Self belief means having confidence in yourself and your ability to do things successfully and achieve your personal best.
How can we show self belief?
- Remember that effort and practice are the key to success.
- Try your best at everything you do and don’t give up if things get tough.
- Scrap any negative thoughts or talk and use positive mindsets, e.g. I can do this if I keep trying.
- Believe that you can achieve your best.
How can families encourage self belief?
- Celebrate achievements and successes, whether they’re big or small.
- Praise your child’s positive qualities, planting the seeds of confidence!
- Teach your child to be a problem-solver to increase independence and self belief.
- Use optimism, positive talk and mindsets, e.g. I know I have to work hard to improve. It’s okay to make mistakes because we learn from them!
Year 6 pupils
YOU CAN DO THIS!
This month our year 6 children have SATS. We want them to believe in themselves and their ability to do their very best!