Returning to School on 8th March 2021
We are very much looking forward to welcoming all our pupils back and continuing this academic year. We had such a positive autumn term where all pupils were in school, no bubbles were sent home and we want to build on this when the children return. The government expect all pupils to attend and we remind you that children will need to wear school uniform.
We continue to keep the wellbeing and safety of all our school community at the heart of what we do and work with Durham Local Authority to offer a safe environment. We ask that once we open our gates on Monday 8th March to all pupils that you can continue to follow the procedures we have in place. To date we have not had a case of Covid in school and we aim to keep everyone safe and ensure that pupils can have a consistent education.
We will therefore continue with the following:
- Children following the rules in school which they did so well in Autumn term.
- Following our one-way system for entering and leaving school to ensure parents can enter and exit with reduced social contact.
- Children bringing in their own named water bottle and no snacks or equipment.
- Parents and staff wearing masks when on the school grounds. If you are exempt from wearing a mask please wear a visor.
- Parents keeping social distance when entering and leaving school.
- Parents using the agreed communication methods of email or phone calls to the office or speaking to Mrs Snowdon/Mr Seaton.
- Parents with pushchairs waiting in the infant outdoor seating area to leave when it is safe to do so out of the gate.
- Pupils safely leaving bikes and scooters to walk into their classrooms in the morning.
- Following the social distance guidance and markers that have been put on the yard.
- Keeping your children with you at all times when entering and leaving school.
Many thanks for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming all our pupils back.
We have produced a guide on keeping safe to help with the return to school: Pupil Parent and School Guide for Covid-19