Returning to School Safely
We continue to keep the wellbeing and safety of all our school community at the heart of what we do and work with Durham Local Authority to offer a safe environment. Last year we did not have a case of Covid in school so no bubbles were sent home. We aim to keep everyone safe and ensure that pupils can have a consistent education again this year. From 16th August 2021 the government relaxed Covid rules with the aim of returning to some normality. We all welcome this after such a difficult 18 months but want to ensure we promote safety in our school environment. Therefore we ask that you support us with the following:
- Continue to follow our one-way system for entering and leaving school to ensure parents can enter and exit with reduced social contact i.e. enter through the side gate and leave via the top (yard) gate.
- Children follow the rules in school which they did so well last year e.g. sanitizing hands regularly.
- Children bringing in their own named water bottle and no snacks or equipment.
- The wearing of masks on school grounds is optional but please continue to wear one if you prefer to. If we have cases of Covid in school, or feel it is necessary, we may reintroduce this rule quickly to prevent spreading. If a member of staff is not wearing a mask when outside please respect social distance when talking to them. Your continued support with this is very much appreciated.
- Try if possible to email or phone the office so we can help with any queries. Our office reception is a small space and therefore only 1 person in at a time please if you come to school.
- Parents with pushchairs kindly waiting in the infant outdoor seating area and leaving when it is safe to do so out of the gate (to avoid passing people as they walk in). Please ask staff for help if you need any assistance.
- Aim to follow the social distance guidance and markers that have been put on the yard to help with social distancing for your protection.
- Keep your children with you at all times when entering and leaving school.
- Follow any government guidance about self-isolating following travel.
Many thanks for your continued support as we welcome all our pupils back.